Ok, a burglerer I am not. And I have the bruises and ripped jeans to prove it.
Yesterday I had a guy come to clean the carpet in my apartment. He was an hour late, so I left instructions and had to leave. One very important instruction I neglected to give was to leave the door unclocked when he left. Poor guy. He didn't know there was no key to unlock the door, and being the helpful guy that he is, he locked up before leaving. Hmm, what to do.
The large picture window on the side was locked, and the regular sized window on the front was locked, but the tiny little bathroom window was not locked! Ok, grab a ladder. Take the screen off. Ponder how in the world I'm going to squeeze through the tiny window, and then how will I reach the floor on the other side??
First try....go in head first. Get more than half my body through and freak out because I can't reach the floor yet with my hands and what if I bust my head open when I fall. Ok, back up, back up. This proved much harder to do than going in. This is also apparently when I severely bruised my legs and ripped my jeans. Gravity doesn't work too well backwards. But, oh, I'm sure it would have made for a great laugh and photo op on the outside. Ok, whew, made it back on the ladder.
Second try...feet first. Hmm, only one leg can get through at a time because I'm just not as limber as I once was. And, dang, that window pane HURTS! Try again.
Third try...ok, be brave, head first again. This time I decide ahead of time that there's no backing out, it hurts too bad. So, diving in I reach the floor doing a hand stand until I can pull my feet down. Whew!! That was a workout!
I truly do wish I had pictures to share. I was laughing so hard I nearly fell just imagining what I looked like. Oh, and the really great ending to the story. 5 minutes after I heroically opened the front door from the inside, my dad showed up saying he had found the key.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I can't stop laughing! Hilarious! Why not call a lock smith - you live in America silly! :) I can't stop laughing. I feel your pain and remember the time when that happened and I was locked out on my balcony - those darn bathroom windows are scary! :) ag
I may live in America, land of locksmiths, but I'm broke, sista! Although if I had busted my head open or something, I suppose a trip to the ER would have been much more expensive than a locksmith. :-)
Post a Comment