Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Obedience

Last night I got to speak to a precious group of ladies in Smackover, Arkansas. *waiting for the laughing to end* :-) Regardless of the funny name, these women were such a joy to spend the evening with. I'm always amazed when someone says they want to hear "my story" of how God has worked in my life over the years. And I'm even more amazed when I watch God use my story to touch the lives of others.

Whenever I give a "talk" like this one, it usually is made up mostly of stories about how when I was obedient to what God was telling me to do, this is how He used it to glorify Himself, and in turn blessed me. This always brings me back to what I learned studying Gen. 12. God tells Abraham he's going to bless him so that he can be a blessing to others. Through all this blessing going around, God is greatly glorified and nations come to know Him as the one, true God. The kicker is always obedience--no one can really be blessed if we aren't obedient.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

your're right that is funny! Smackover!

Rebecca said...

Rindy Roo! I love you and think your amazing even if I have to highlight your blog in order for the words to show up. And just so you have some company, I'm an old administrative nerd. But hey, life is good. Love all the ministry your getting to do right where you are! Ps. 34:10

rindy said...

Thank you, Rebeccacim, for highlighting my blog. :-) That's weird that you have to do that. It shows up perfectly on my screen. Sorry!! Love you!!