Wednesday, September 05, 2007

From Cattle troughs to Coffee troughs, Texas really does have it all.


While in a tiny town in east Texas yesterday, I had some time to kill. So, what better way to kill time than to drink a BOWL of coffee. This was a very unique trough of coffee for several reasons...

1. I was in a town of less than 500 people, I think. It can't be much bigger than that. And not only was it small, I had just eaten lunch at a diner called "Ya'll Come Back Now". All of the customers there, except for my family were in town for the Tuesday cattle sale. Not exactly the kind of place I would expect to have such extravagant lattes. I mean, you can't get a drink like this in my college town of 12,000. Weird!

2. Hello, this is a HUGE cup of coffee. It didn't even have a handle. You picked it up like you were drinking the milk from your cereal bowl. Everything really is bigger in Texas. Bigger, Amy, not necessarily better. :-)

3. It was only $3.50. Watch out, Starbucks. This was at least twice as big as a Venti which I'm sure is at least $5 or more.

5 comments:

Coley said...

That looks delicious! I need to find a coffee shop like that!

I miss Texas!

beckymcp said...

So are you going to provide a map and directions?

Anonymous said...

i was wondering where you have been.. but the bowl-o-coffee explains it all!! looks so good!!

Anonymous said...

But I thought bigger always meant better?! That's what we learn in school from the time we're just knee high to a grasshopper! ;-) Texas is the friendly state, so we can be friendly as we say (in a friendly tone of voice) "Everything is bigger and BETTER in Texas." Uhmmm....I feel kind of like one of my students from ENKA - ne mutlu turkum diyine (suddenly, I can't remember the last word...sounds like what I wrote). :) I think Texans and Turks have a lot in common. :)

rindy said...

You know, Aims, come to think of it, Texans and Turks really are a lot alike. Turkish flags on everything...Texas flags on everything...everything began in Turkey....everything is bigger and better in Texas...:-) Good thing I love both!