Last week to kick off the new season of The Office, we had a character costume party. It was a fun, albeit slightly awkward (it was an Office party, anyway) evening of Mandi's famous chili and the season premier. However, the funniest part happened on the way to the party. If you can't tell, my character, Jan, is pregnant. My roommate and I decided it would be more fun if I got totally into character at my house and traveled across the city that way. Generally, the Turkish people are very good about giving up their seat on a bus or metro to pregnant women. So we laughed about the possibility of that happening. And, like a Turkish gentlemen, as soon as I stepped on the metro, a man jumped up and escorted me to his seat. Haha. I couldn't even look at my friend for fear of laughing so hard my "baby" would come out of my shirt. I felt horrible the rest of the train ride, though, because it was Friday night rush hour, and the train was so crammed you couldn't move. So here I was, unable to offer my seat to anyone truly deserving because everyone believed me to be pregnant. Oops!
Friday, October 03, 2008
Office Shananigans
Last week to kick off the new season of The Office, we had a character costume party. It was a fun, albeit slightly awkward (it was an Office party, anyway) evening of Mandi's famous chili and the season premier. However, the funniest part happened on the way to the party. If you can't tell, my character, Jan, is pregnant. My roommate and I decided it would be more fun if I got totally into character at my house and traveled across the city that way. Generally, the Turkish people are very good about giving up their seat on a bus or metro to pregnant women. So we laughed about the possibility of that happening. And, like a Turkish gentlemen, as soon as I stepped on the metro, a man jumped up and escorted me to his seat. Haha. I couldn't even look at my friend for fear of laughing so hard my "baby" would come out of my shirt. I felt horrible the rest of the train ride, though, because it was Friday night rush hour, and the train was so crammed you couldn't move. So here I was, unable to offer my seat to anyone truly deserving because everyone believed me to be pregnant. Oops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!! i laughed soo hard tears came to my eyes!!
feeling guilty because of your LIE and your cozy train seat!
That is sooooo amazingly awesome! Absolutely LOVE that you did that...hey, a single girl needs a seat sometimes too! :)
Post a Comment