~ it suddenly feels like every person on the bus makes a point of touching me
~ all 15 million+ people in the city are staring at me
~ my heart races every time i have to pay a bill, make a phone call, buy anything, ask a question
~ i leave my house full of joy and 5 minutes down my street i'm frustrated again
~ the grass is greener in America
~ no matter how grammatically perfect i say something, no one will understand me, EVER
~ if it can go wrong, it will
~ mini bus drivers are in a conspiracy to kill me
~ every smoker in the city is trying to blow their smoke in my face
Ok, ok, so most of these are a bit exaggerated. But I'm definitely at that point in a different culture where the way I perceive things are not always the reality. Sometimes it is, but not usually. Thankfully I'm a child of the one true God who can beat culture shock and false perception. This world is not my home anyway...not even beautiful, perfect America. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Your not exaggerating one bit.... It all true. I feel the same way!
Thanks for bringing this struggle to our attention. Rest assured, you've got a lot of folks who are here to "hold your hands up" for you.
I completely agree!!! I would add that I tense up every time I see a guy moving toward me. Love ya!
Amen! We are thinking about you.
Can totally see how your mind can jump to those big and dramatic conclusions...and how Satan hopes for that. It is pretty funny when you write them down and take a deep breath and say...yeah, that's just not true. Thanks for sharing. Praying for you!
Post a Comment