Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Night at the Movies

I love watching movies in Turkey. It's so much better than in the States. In fact, I really don't even enjoy going to the movies in the States now after my cinema experiences here. There are really only 2 differences, but they are very crucial differences.

1. Turkish cinemas allow you to choose your seats when you buy your tickets. So, as long as you get your tickets early enough, you never have to worry about getting a bad seat. No more showing up at the movie 20 or even 30 minutes early sometimes only to have to sit there forever waiting for the movie to start. It's wonderful!

2. This is really my favorite difference. Intermission in every movie! Ok, so, sometimes the break isn't always at the smoothest moment possible. But, I love being able take a potty break if needed without missing any of the movie. Or many times, as I did tonight, it's a great time for a snack! I usually don't want a snack when I first get to the movie, but about half way into it, yep, a drink or Ben & Jerries ice cream is great. :-) Tonight it was Vanilla Toffee Crunch. Mmm.

4 comments:

Ice Cream Family said...

There are a few cinemas here that allow you to reserve your seat. I've done it before when I had a load of kids with me. :) Of course, they charge you more for those seats.

Kim for the Kings said...

I miss this stuff too. Greg and I RARELY go to movies in the States (average 1-2 per year), and each time I find myself thinking, "Ugh, if only they had an intermission!"

The Spiegel's said...

i love it!! and totally forgot!

Doug McPherson said...

Why haven't we thought of that?