My mom and I recently hosted some ladies for a night of Islamic culture. Our goal for the evening was to help the ladies learn about and identify with Muslim women around the world. We hope that by identifying at least in a small way with women from a very different religion and background, fears will be replaced with prayers. We served foods that are common in many Muslim countries, such as almonds, pistachios, dates and dried apricots, feta cheese, humus, baklava, and even lavash. Oh, and of course we served chai. As the ladies arrived we greeted them with a kiss, handed out scarves, and took our shoes off. For most of us it was the first time we had ever spent an entire evening with our head covered. It proved to be quite warm and cumbersome. It was a great cultural experience and one I hope we get to share with many more ladies.

Mom making the baklava. Mmm, it was so good!

I couldn't believe it when I found "lavash" at Wal-Mart!
3 comments:
how fun! what a great idea! you should have made mercimek kofte!
cok akili! love the goals idea - got them ready, just need time to email them. friday night, after i finish writing and grading my 8th grade tests. :) Daniel's Done and though I had fun, I'm sad! I also need 1b and 5 from final session. miss you friend! praying for you, :)aims
how fun! great idea. miss you rindy. hope all is well
Post a Comment