Thursday, March 22, 2007

Not so funniest video

Two weeks ago I had the priviledge of singing in a friend's bilingual wedding. No, I didn't sing bilingually. :-) It was really interesting to hear so many of the traditional wedding sayings and scripture in Spanish. One part of the wedding needed no translation, however. Panic pretty much translates in any language.

So, you know how we've all seen a million clips of people fainting at their wedding on America's funniest videos. I always laugh. In general I laugh at moments that really may not be that appropriate to laugh at. Hmm, that could pose a problem as a nurse. Anyway, I discovered that watching someone, live, at their own wedding pass out and bust their chin open, is really not that funny. Oh, don't get me wrong it was funny like 5 minutes after it happened, but at the time, not so funny.

This is how it went down. Dad and bride walk down the aisle. Dad stands between bride and groom. Preacher goes into long speech about marriage. Groom tumbles like a California Redwood. Groom's chin smacks on the step. Groom's brothers, aka, groomsmen, go into panic Espanol. Groom gets drug to the first pew. Preacher makes light, "Rachel, Javier has already fallen for you." Crowd laughs nervously. Rindy sings song as distraction. Groom gets up and faints again. Bride stands awkwardly. Groom gets up, nope, down again. Still standing awkwardly. Groom gets up. Preacher quickly marries bride and groom. Reception. Bride and Groom go to doctor's office for 3 stitches to chin. Honeymoon.

All on video.

1 comment:

heather said...

when you say "california redwood" i can totally visualize!! love ya rindy beth lou