Saturday, June 14, 2008

More daily life

Early, early this morning I woke up and thought, wow, it's way too quiet. I'm one of those people who really needs the noise of a fan to sleep. So, the silence of this morning was so loud I woke up. Then I realized, oh crap, the electricity must be off and I needed to bake some food for a boat picnic today. It was then that the stuffy heat of summer in Istanbul overtook me and I began pleading with the Lord that the electricity would be restored ASAP. Ok, so when you're hot and cranky at 5 in the morning, life becomes a bit more dramatic.

This does bring me a to a simple prayer request for all of you blessed with the gift of AC. The next time you're enjoying the beautiful breezes of air conditioning in your home, in your car, in your office, in Wal-Mart, in the restaraunt...remember your friends sweltering in 88 degree heat with a fan that runs only if the electricity is working. :-)

On the happy side of living in Istanbul in the summer...I'm going on a boat trip on the Bosphorous today and next Saturday. It will be absolutely beautiful and I'll post pictures later. Happy summer!

2 comments:

beckymcp said...

Hey, RIndy,
Hope your boat trip on the Bosphorous was fun. Also hope the electricity is back on.....you know you are one of my heroes!
I heard "Mighty to Save" on the radio tonight and it brought back such a great memory...

Sherry said...

haha, I have had that morning... but it is a lot warmer than 88 degrees here! Hope your electricity holds out!