Hooray!! I took my last two summer school finals yesterday. I faced my fear of chemistry this summer, and totally beat the heck out of it! Way back in the day when I went to college the FIRST time, I changed my whole "life plan" because I was too scared to take chemistry, well, there were a few other reasons, but that was a big one. Thank goodness God can even use us slackers who take the easy way out!
Nearly 2 years ago when I first felt like God was nudging me to go back to America for nursing school, my biggest hesitation was, "crap, I would have to take chemistry!" Nope, can't do that, God! But, as you all know, God always wins out in the end. Still, ever since then, I've been dreading this particular summer of chemistry and microbiology. If I couldn't do chemistry 10 years ago, what makes me think I can do it now??? I guess there's something to this whole "becoming a grown up" thing. Because chemistry was no big deal. Thanks to a great professor, and some mature study habits (who knew there really was something to this studying thing??), not only did I ace chem I, but I even let the prof talk me into taking chem II and aced it!!! I even discovered a love for chemistry, and if I wasn't so old, I might pursue that field more...:-)
So, this may not be the most interesting blog in the world to anyone else but me, but it sure feels good to know that I've beaten a huge, lingering obstacle!!
Now, for the fun...before nursing school starts in 2 weeks. I'm hittin' the road in the 'stang, and headin' up to Iowa! I saw Mandy's pics, and I felt very left out!! haha Looks like Iowa is the place to be, so here I come. Of course, Teri lives in the middle of nowhere, much like myself, so I won't be seeing any of the other Turkey's in Iowa. It's been over a year now since the infamous Rindy and Teri duo has been in action...it's time to reunite! Billy, we'll be sure to bring up great old memories of your antics. We might even have to play some Mexican train for old time's sake. No wait, yep, I still hate that game. :-)
Then, to top off the tatil, I'll swing by Oklahoma on the way home to check out Heather's new ev.
I'm sure I'll have some great stories from the next 2 weeks. I'll try to blog them. Sorry there's no pics...my computer refuses them. Hopefully there's a new imac in my near future...
Ok, so for anyone who still checks to see if I've updated...there ya go! Btw, it was GREAT to talk to all my dear Turkey family members last week. I'm still prayin' about how to get back over there! :-)
Hadi bay bay!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
FINALLY!! and yes i still check it!! I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE COMING!!!!! fun times ahead!
I agree finally! It was great to hear that you are doing great. And way to go on the chemistry! I still have that fear even though you showed us anyone could over come it! Have fun with Teri and Heather. And it's good to know you we are still in your thoughts!
Love, Billy, Elizabeth and Bailey
Rindy! good job on updating, I recently updated too - good for us! But alas, it sounds like you won't be heading down south which is sad for me,but I'm sure you'll have a great time up in Iowa. love, love ya!
Rindy!!! I'm so excited that you have a blog!!! Now, I can really keep up with you! Yay!!!!!!!
Really? You came to Iowa and didn't bother to come on over to Ames?????????????????????? How offended should I be???
UPDATE! UPDATE! UPDATE! :) Since you've got this school thing in the bag, you should slack off a bit more and update your blog. ;-)
Love you, miss you, praying for you!!! :) aims
Post a Comment