Sunday, September 10, 2006

A barking blessing



Blessings can come in unexpected packages! This is my sweet dog, Max. He's a year old now, and I've had him since last November. I didn't know I needed him until the day I brought him home. At the time I had been back in my hometown for about 4 months and in a pretty lonely phase of life. He came along and brought laughter, companionship, a walking partner, fun, and a fair amount of frustration. Having a social life outside of school and family still seems to elude me, but Max is always jumping, literally, with joy and excitement to spend time with me. I know, I know...I always thought people were odd who would talk about their pets as if they were an actual part of the family, but now I understand!! Seriously, he really was a tangible blessing that I believe God gave me just when I needed it.

No comments: