Ok, to begin my new outlook I'll start with where I live. My apartment is such a blessing in so many ways. Before it was mine, it was my grandmother's. It actually belongs to my parents, but they built it for the day when my grandmother couldn't live in Texas by herself. As you know, that day came about 2 years ago. She lived in this space the past 2 years until she moved on to her now glorious space this past April. Up until her last weeks with us, when she couldn't manage to say much else, she daily reminded us how blessed she felt to live in such a wonderful place. Not only was it great for her, but it made it possible for my mom and I to take care of her on our own for the majority of her illness. What a huge blessing that was! Now it's my blessing. It's small, but everything I need. It gives me independence while still keeping me in the "free zone" while I finish school. Thanks mom and dad! :-) There are still many reminders of my grandmother in it which I love, but I've been able to add a little of myself, too.




I can't talk about my apartment withou mentioning my 2 roommates. 2 roommates in an efficiency apartment??? Meet Funny and Sunny. No, I've never really been a cat person, especially after my time in Istanbul (cok kedi var! *for you Heather*), but these two are pretty nice. They are also an "inheritence" from my grandmother. She loved them like family, and none of us had the heart to get rid of them, so...roommates.

5 comments:
What a great place! The good thing about small places is that it doesn't take long to clean it if you don't have Sertap! I can't wait to see more. Love, Elizabeth
I'm glad to see you're blogging more consistently!! keep up the good work and nice apartment !
Rindy! I love your little space - so very perfect and special. My grandmother passed away this past April too. I still miss her a lot, as I'm sure you miss yours. And thanks for your confession. I can't imagine all the dramatic woeing and complaining I did when I came back. love, love,
It's so great to be able to share in what you are experiencing through this blog. Thanks for updating it and giving us a glimpse of what life in Magnolia is like. I love the house, cats and expecially Max. What a blessing!!! Love, Andrea
Your apartmentlooks great!Iwould love to talk to you soon!!
Callie
Post a Comment