Friday, December 22, 2006
Singing Love
As many, many people know, I really miss living in Turkey!! Just about every day I think of someone or something that I miss. BUT, I LOVE being in America for Christmas. This week I participated in one of the most meaningful things I've ever done at Christmas, and I never could have done it in Turkey (which is also why we need to BE in Turkey). My mom and I and 3 other of my favorite women from church, went Christmas caroling with chimes. The music was really beautiful. But, the most beautiful part was the encouragement and love felt by those we visited. We made a point to carol several of our older church members who are either ill or recently lost a loved one. Every single one of the sweet people we sang to actually said they really needed someone that very night that we came by. It really put the holiday in perspective. In a nation where materialism overwhelms everything else, it was an incredible reminder that love is still the most important gift of all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment