Ok, this is one of those posts I wanted to write a couple of weeks ago, but was just too busy to get around to it. I also had hoped to post pictures of this weekend, but my camera is in the shop. boo.
I can honestly say I've never really celebrated St. Patty's day with this much "hoorah" before this year. The weekend began with a 4 hour drive to my wonderful friend, Heather's house in Oklahoma. This 4 hour drive came after a week of 2, 10 page papers, a 15 minute presentation, and 2 tests. That's nursing code for "no sleep in 4 days". But, I loaded up on caffeine and headed out. One tiny antecdote from the trip...
Stopped at McDonald's on the turnpike b/c I couldn't keep my eyes open. Decided to go in b/c I needed to wake up. Thought, hmm, fries and a dt. coke sure would be good. Discover an entire college basketball team has taken over the restaurant. Wait in line for 20 minutes surrounded by 7 foot guys. Get my food to go. Eat one fry. Walk out the door to my car. Drop the bag with the fries. Spill every single french fry while the bus of basketball players watch. Sigh in disbelief. Get in car. Drive away.
Thankfully the weekend got better after that.
So, I got to spend HOURS alone with Heather before she got married. Had a GREAT time. Wedding was too fun. All the bridesmaides put shamrock tattoos on our shoulders to accent our beautiful black dresses. Heather sported bright green knee highs under her dress. Fun! Continued to get no sleep.
Got up Sunday morning at 5 am to drive 7 hours to Memphis, TN for an interview. Thankfully the company I was interviewing with put me up in the Hilton. Woohoo! Hooray for lush Hilton beds. Got LOTS OF SLEEP. Interviewed. It went great!! Will share more on that much later.
Drove from Memphis the following day to interview with St. Vincent Hospital in Little Rock, AR. Got the job!!! Start in June. Scary!!! So excited to live in an actual city again, though. Petrified, though, that in less than 3 months I will be the REAL NURSE. Yikes!!
Finally drove back home Monday night. Whew! Makes me tired just writing about it. So, that was my marathon weekend that would have been way more interesting with pictures. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey! Can you send me your email address? I can't believe I don't have it! Anyway, in case you don't have our's, it is jslandham@gmail.com
You're moving to Little Rock??? That's so much closer to us! We must plan a visit! Is your email address the same? I'll email you with my phone number and all. Call me!
Sweet...only 28 days and you'll be a real nurse!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!
Love you and miss you! :) ag
Post a Comment