Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Overwhelming change

I just finished my last class in Pediatric Medicine. Now I have 3 weeks to study for the final. Do they think it will be that hard? Hope not! I still have my major nursing class, MedSurg, for the rest of the semester, but finishing a class today makes it very real that graduation is so near. And with graduation comes MAJOR LIFE CHANGE. I love change. Most would look at my life over the past 10 years and say that change doesn't phase me too much. But, the next 8 months have even me getting a little nervous.

Next month I graduate. 2 days after graduation my parents and I are flying to my favorite city, Istanbul, for a few weeks. I come home from that and 2 days later leave for a week of specialized training in Dallas. About 5 days after that I pack up my clothes and move to Little Rock. The next day I fly to Kansas for a fun wedding and friends. The very next Monday I start my first job as a real nurse. Work a couple months, move back home, and move to another area of the country for some more specialized training for 2 months. Come home for Christmas, and pack up my life to move back overseas for "good". Hmm, am I ready??? Let's pray so.

Never before am I more aware of how thankful I am that God never changes. In the midst of my crazy life, He is constant. When I'm in a whirlwind of planning and moving, He remains ever present and calm. When I'm exhausted in every way, He gives me strength and rest. When I'm afraid of the unknown, He makes Himself known to me in a fresh way. He is my constant foothold when I'm placing my feet all over the world. Praise the Lord!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rindy,
I love this post, it shows your faithfulness and just how great our God is.
Can't wait til you get here, both times:)
love ya!
jennifer

rindy said...

Thanks, Jen!! Can't wait to see you, either!! Be sure I have your cep # so I can find you next month. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

It's truly amazing to think back to when we were celebrating your first semester down mile stone. Now, you are down to the double-digit days to go 'til graduation. Eeeeeeeeeee!! And, dream of all dreams, you're getting to go back to the place you've longed to be. I LOVE IT how God works!! He's just so faithful and good. So are you going to go by Nurse Rin now? :) Love you friend, Finish strong!!:)a

heather said...

it sounds so overwhelming just reading it!! just shows that He is in control!! i'm so excited for you! Rindy RN!!! love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

Rindy...how exciting! Where the heck do you get to work when you go? And please give me more details of how you got to do this! Thanks for your persistance!

Anonymous said...

rindy. thanks for the blog love comment. it was quite satisfying to know you are there! sounds like a ton of crazy changes are happening with you... in all that procrastination time you have you should blog too!
take care :) see you in blogland
-Kim