Sunday, May 27, 2007

Still in Istanbul

So the parents made it safely home, without me. Thank goodness. Of course, it wasn't without excitement. Apparently their plane needed to taxi around the Istanbul airport for an hour before leaving, which made them very late into London, where they ran to their next plane. I have to say, I REALLY wish I could have seen that. :-) They were the last people on, but thank goodness they were able to make it. Then, when they got to Chicago they found out their luggage wasn't so lucky and was still in London. In Chicago they were delayed by storms, but finally made it to Little Rock late that night. I still haven't heard if they got their luggage, but let's hope. Of course, when they were coming over with me, everything went completely smooth. :-)

I have some really great pictures of our trip to Ephesus and our travels around the old city of Istanbul. I'll tell more about those adventures when I get home and can post the pics. It was a really great time!

After they left I basically crashed at my friends house. Whew, my parents wore me out! :-) It's been fun to just relax with friends, though. Feels like old times. And a picture of what life will be like when I get back next year. I have made it over to Ikea twice, and am very excited about decorating my apartment with Ikea when I get back. Fun!

Well, as you can see, life is fairly boring for now. And I love it! More later.

2 comments:

Cal said...

Is that the Jodi I know...if not, please forgive me..but you said Jodi in Kansas..and I am kind of freaking out...

rindy said...

haha, yes, that's the Jodi you know. Worked with Amy at Enka. I'll tell you all about it next week. see you soon!