Sunday, September 30, 2007

His Words

Thank you, Rebecca, and anyone else who may have prayed for me as I spoke today. I wrote recently about how unfocused and nervous I was to give this little "talk". But God was good, as usual, and absolutely helped me focus the past few days to really pull together many of the things He has taught me over the years. It was truly empowering to once again trust Him with something I could never do on my own and see Him take over.

Just the simple act of putting the "talk" together was a wonderful growing experience for me. Taking the time to read old journals and scriptures that had changed my life over the years, changed my life once again. Recalling past experiences and details of different times that God led me to step out in faith helped me to continue to step out in faith. I highly recommend to everyone to take a few days every once in a while to really reflect on what God has done in your life to bring you to where you are now. And if you stop and realize you may not really be following along with Him now, even better to realize that and be able to make a change.

"I will thank you, Lord, in front of all the people. I will sing your praises among the nations. For your unfailing love is as high as the heavens. Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds. Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens. May your glory shine over all the earth."

Psalm 57:9-11

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SWEET! I'm so glad to hear how God moved! He's just so good and faithful!! :)

Rebecca said...

That's awesome Rindy! So cool that it was such a faith-building experience for you.