Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Such a mix
Today I was walking around a neighborhood here in the city looking for an apartment to rent. While my friend and I were marveling at the giant skyscrapers that surround this particular neighborhood, we had to jump out of the way of a tractor pulling a cart of potatoes for sale. I'll say it again...in the middle of this incredibly giant, metropolitan city, we were nearly run over by a John Deere tractor selling potatoes. Ok, it might not have been a John Deere, but it was straight off the farm in Texas. And that reminded me that it's also not highly unusual to see carts being pulled by mules, either. Just put it on the list of possible modes of transportation: taxi, car, train, metro, tram, slow boat, fast boat, short boat, trolley, minibus, regular bus, and oh yeah, tractor or mule.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
*laugh* everything is a possibility!!
Post a Comment