Life here is certainly never boring. And you really never know how God will intricately weave life lessons and experiences together. Way back in high school, I discovered that I really loved taking care of athletes. I learned how to properly tape ankles, rest and strengthen muscles, treat sports injuries, and became comfortable being the only girl in a world of guys. Who knew that over 10 years later, paired with a nursing degree, I would be doing all those things for an American football team in Istanbul, Turkey!? (I specify American football, because football means soccer in every other country besides America)
Last week, not only did I get to work 2 football practices, but also 4 basketball games. A basketball team from the states was here playing several Turkish teams around Istanbul, and they carried me with them as their trainer. Thankfully, I wasn't needed for any major injuries, and I had a great time watching a week of basketball. One guy asked me if I got bored sitting through all the games and practices. I answered that, unfortunately, the time that I enjoy that job the most is when someone gets hurt. Sorry, boys!
This isn't exactly how I envisioned using my nursing degree in Turkey, but it's definitely much more fun than a 12 hour day at the hospital!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh that is so awesome! how great for you!!
Sounds like good times to me! hope you are well!
All I can say is, "Your welcome." Glad to feel like I contributed to your training in some small way.
Post a Comment