Wednesday, March 15, 2006

10 things that make me happy to be living in America right now

(trying to focus on the positive.) :-)

10. "Hide-an-egg" easter candy, mmm, pure sugar in the shape of an egg
9. early Arkansas' Spring flowers
8. the freedom to wear flip flops, capris, and a sweatshirt in March!
7. driving with the windows down in March! (it was 80 Sunday!)
6. the Wal-Mart cereal aisle
5. shopping for an Easter dress in sizes that fit and prices that I can afford
4. getting my hair cut and lighted by a NATIVE ENLGISH SPEAKER
3. having lunch with my brother anytime I want
2. SPRING BREAK
1. MARCH MADNESS!!! (canli)

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

1. I can wear a tank top and not feel like a sleeze.
2. I can leave the house with wet hair and not feel like a sleeze.
3. Nobody stares at me no matter what I'm wearing.
4. I don't have to walk home carrying my groceries uphill.
5. Tex-mex and PeiWei anytime I want.
6. I'll leave it at that - wouldn't want our friends in Turkey to get jealous. I could go on and on about the things I miss, but that defeats the purpose of being positive. :)

Anonymous said...

dikkat dikkat...driving with the windows down could produce a draft, which could cause you to catch the sniffles which could lead to more serious illness. Did you learn nothing while you lived here?! :-)