Monday, June 11, 2007

Life changes every day

Remember when I wrote that I would be moving to Little Rock this summer to start my very first real nursing job June 18? And how I was really very overwhelmed with all the moving and transition I would have to go through over the next 7 months. Well, it looks as if God has shut that door and perhaps protected me from a lot of stress and difficulty.

Last week I received a call from my supervisor at the hospital in Little Rock. She informed me that because of a delay out of my control, I would not be able to start until July 2. So I know that that's only a 2 week difference. But, for some reason it caused me to really start to re-evaluate whether I was doing the right thing going into a job without telling them that I would have to leave in September. I had never been really comfortable with that, but had allowed myself to justify with many reasons why "legally" that was ok. I guess God wanted to give me one more chance to pray over things and after a week of intense prayer and study, I came to the conclusion that the only honest thing to do was to tell my supervisor that I would only be available until the beginning of September. So I made that phone call this morning, and the supervisor really appreciated my honesty but said that it would not be the best thing for them to train me only to leave so soon. So, no job. But lots of relief and peace.

Ironically after so many months of wanting to leave Magnolia, I'm actually excited about staying around a few more months. *laugh* I do have an opportunity to basically shadow a nurse friend of mine at a clinic, so I will still get much needed experience. In fact, clinic experience looks to be more like what I'll need when I move overseas anyway. Unfortunately this job at the clinic doesn't exactly pay, but I'll just trust God that He's got something planned in my free labor this summer. :-)

No comments: