Having taken quite a few mental health classes over the years, I've often diagnosed myself with every mental illness in the book. Come on, for anyone that's ever taken a look at webMD you can't tell me that you haven't started reading about a disease and suddenly start thinking to yourself, oh, wow, yeah, I have that symptom and that one and that one until you get yourself all worked up into a tizzy. I had the same problem in nursing school. Thankfully a recent physical has confirmed that I'm quite healthy and totally normal. :-)
Anyway, back to my latest mental illness. I'm having total schizophrenic episodes. This weekend I have to give a 30-35 minute talk about all that God has done in my life over the past, eh, 20 something years. So I'm trying to put things together in an interesting, organized manner, and that's where the schizophrenia is coming in, or maybe it's ADD. I start following one train of thought and suddenly I jump the track to something totally different and on and on. How do I bring it all together??? And what crazy person decided to give me 30 minutes to talk?! I'm much more of a 10 minute kind of girl.
To all my speaking/writing gifted friends...can you channel some of your direction my way? Better yet...pray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
oh my! I have a feeling 30 minutes may not be long enough! God's done a lot in the past 20 some odd years that I'm sure you'll passionately talk about! I'll be praying...wish I could hear you. :)
Post a Comment