One of the beauties of this city is the many modes of transportation available. Of course, to the inexperienced traveler this could also be a not so beautiful part of the city. And, there are also those days when just the prospect of having to take more than 3 types of transportation is enough to keep you locked in the house longing for a one red light town. Last week I needed to travel from the Europe side of Istanbul, where I live, to the Asian side of Istanbul, where my friend works. To get to her I had a 10 minute walk to the bus stop, a bus, a boat, and then a trolley if I wanted to be lazy and not walk to the top of the hill. I thought it would be fun to sit on the outside of the boat so I could take better pictures. I was able to get some pictures. But I froze in the process. So, when I got to the trolley option, I opted to walk so that I might regain the feeling in my legs and feet. So, here are some pictures of my frozen boat ride. It took about 15 minutes to cross the Bosphorous.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
City Travel
One of the beauties of this city is the many modes of transportation available. Of course, to the inexperienced traveler this could also be a not so beautiful part of the city. And, there are also those days when just the prospect of having to take more than 3 types of transportation is enough to keep you locked in the house longing for a one red light town. Last week I needed to travel from the Europe side of Istanbul, where I live, to the Asian side of Istanbul, where my friend works. To get to her I had a 10 minute walk to the bus stop, a bus, a boat, and then a trolley if I wanted to be lazy and not walk to the top of the hill. I thought it would be fun to sit on the outside of the boat so I could take better pictures. I was able to get some pictures. But I froze in the process. So, when I got to the trolley option, I opted to walk so that I might regain the feeling in my legs and feet. So, here are some pictures of my frozen boat ride. It took about 15 minutes to cross the Bosphorous.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oooh! Were you visiting Jen? Oh, I'm so jealous! (More emphatically happy for you, BUT I definitely wish I could be there with you!) :) I love that you're staying in my old apartment. LOL! I actually thought, "Hm, that kind of looks like the view from one of my apartments..." when you posted that first picture! So thrilled you're in the Bull, Rindy!
Post a Comment