I’m studying Daniel right now. It’s amazing and extremely convicting of so many things…it’s kind of painful. One conviction that I’ve actually been fighting for several weeks finally smacked me in the face this weekend. I need to confess it to many of you who read this blog because I involved many of you as I continually committed this sin. Over the past year I’ve spent countless hours, days probably if we added it all up, complaining, whining, crying, sulking…about how terrible it is to live back in my hometown. I knew that this was the place God called me back to for many reasons, and although I was obedient to go where He sent me, I have certainly made it known that I didn’t like it! “Woe is me” has been my theme song for the past 13 or so months. This resentful attitude has certainly affected my relationship with God, and I’m positive it has greatly affected my witness. So, I apologize to everyone that I’ve emailed, called, or spent time with griping about this “unbearable place” God sent me.
Beyond feeling the need to confess to you all, and many others, I also feel that I need to be very proactive to fight against my desire to complain about life in small town America. One idea is to approach my town with the same eyes and ears I had in Turkey. While living there I experienced a few inconveniences and culture clashes :-), but I had resolved myself to see the city through the eyes of Jesus. So, I took pictures of everything. I marveled at the unique differences in my culture and theirs. And I prayed, prayed, prayed, everywhere I went. So why can’t I do that right here in south Arkansas?? The plan is to take pictures of my life here…my home, my church, my school, the stores, the people…I’ll probably be amazed at how interesting the town actually is! So, I hope for my handful of blog readers that you’ll enjoy learning and praying about a little town in Arkansas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Rindycim,
I love your new attitude about living there, it was really encouraging to read. I'm sure you will be blessed while you start experiencing arkansas through new eyes. You're awesome.
Love ya! and we need to have our yearly visit soon:)
jen schroeder
I can't wait to see Magnolia! Love, Elizabeth
oh and you could put up a picture of Tido! Love, Elizabeth
Liz~can you believe I didn't take a single picture on my trip to Tido's! I had to borrow that photo from the Iowa State Dept. Sorry!
what good are you?! I can't believe that! cok ayip ya!
kusura bakma.
you're in the best place! love ya!!
Wow rindels, it's been way too long since I've looked at people's blogs. PTL that He's giving you new eyes to see the same place! I've been praying for the same thing here. Your words encourage me to stop just asking and start making an attempt to see the good and the beautiful. Love you so much. I'm hugging you, can you feel it?!?!!
Post a Comment